One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Wear and Tear

The past 3 days I've been working on my resume and cover letter and looking for jobs. Let me tell you its no easy task. The job descriptions say, "Must have 3-5 years or more experience" or "Master's degree required", or I meet 3 out of 4 requirements. But honestly does somebody meet all of the requirements all of the time? I was looking around at a site for tourism in Wisconsin and thought how fun would it be to work for this company, but no career option is listed anywhere. I figure if I send them an e-mail inquiring about jobs the worst they will tell me is there are no positions open. How do companies expect a college student to have years of experience anyways? At this point I'm just sort of applying for whatever and hoping to get something. I'm getting bored just sitting around all day, when I'm not looking for a job.

Although this may not be the best decision of my life, I have put in a few applications on care.com for babysitting jobs. At least if I can babysit to be earning some sort of money, its better than just sitting around not earning money. Also that way I won't feel panicked about not having anything. I can be looking for more permanent jobs without feeling rushed into doing so, or just sitting around and waiting.

However arduous the process is, it has to be done for the sake of my future. Otherwise, I will be selling almost all of my possessions and becoming a gypsy.

Any suggestions for jobs in the Milwaukee area??

Thanks all!
Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment