One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Sunday, August 28, 2011

Ren. Faire

A friend of mine bought me a ticket to the Renaissance Faire for my birthday. Yesterday her and I went as well as her sister and a guy friend. I have never been to the Faire so I didn't know what to expect. I expected something way different than I got. I didn't think that most of the Faire would consist of people dressed up in costumes acting out ridiculous skits, that seriously had nothing to do with that era. Most of the skits were raunchy, so I don't understand how this Faire is a family activity. No child understands what is going on. Most of the Faire was set up as a town from the middle ages in Europe. That was pretty neat. I didn't eat anything there, but had sassafras and fruit punch to drink. Both of which were pretty darn tasty. We spent most of the day there wandering the streets of old and critiquing the people who passed us by. Are they seriously wearing that right now? At moments I felt odd and that I didn't belong. Maybe I should have dressed up in a corset and long skirt. Well there is always next time!

Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment