One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Monday, August 15, 2011

Last Day at the Beach

I can't put into words what I am feeling right now at this moment. To be honest, I didn't think this day would ever come and it finally has and I have mixed emotions about it all. Tomorrow I leave for Wisconsin. I hope it brings me success in a career and happiness with friends and some family I haven't seen in a long time. I've been waiting all this time, 2 years, to go back. I complained enough about how much I hate the weather and the people who can't seem to drive right. I complained about school and how things were never going in my favor. Now I'm completely done. School done. Myrtle Beach done. A place I was so eager to leave is begging me to stay just a little longer. I think about how there is so much I didn't do while I was here and could have done. Like surfing for instance. I think I'm going to miss the easy access to the ocean. The chance to get away from it all anytime I want. Living in WI will not provide me with easy access. (Lake Michigan will have to do.) Even though I'm excited about WI, I'm certain things have changed. My friends. My family. The way I used to live. I'm lucky to have a great friend who is letting me live with her rent free for a little bit until I get situated and have a job. But then that terrifying word 'job' comes into the picture. What is it that I want to do? God knows I'm going to have ants in my pants and don't want to sit around an office all day. Heck those ants will probably dance me out of that state sooner or later! Wisconsin was my home for so many years and then living away from it for basically 4 years might change my view on calling it home. I may absolutely hate it when I return and will be wondering if I made the right decision. But I will never know if I don't take a risk. One day all the cards will fall into place and I know what I'll want and where I want to be. I'm just not ready to settle yet, it's that free spirit in me!

Photo 15 is a picture of my last day at the beach. Crazy to think that just a week ago the beaches were filled with people and today it was completely abandoned. Families are preparing their kids for back to school and the regular routines it brings. I for once am not preparing for school in approximately 18 years! Well I'm saying goodbye to being a student and goodbye to South Carolina and hello to life after school and hello to Wisconsin again!

Goodbye ocean!!!



(Just a side note, since I will be travelling all day tomorrow and most of the day on Wednesday I will more than likely not have any new blogposts until Thursday morning.)

Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment