One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Thursday, September 1, 2011

Happy September 1!

I can't believe its the first day of September already. It's hard to imagine we only have 4 months of 2011 left. But alas here we are.

News on the job front. I applied for approximately 10 jobs today, mostly daycares and the YMCA. I heard from one daycare already. The director said I meet the criteria they are looking for and is interested in meeting me. So I'm just waiting on her response to find out about an interview. Keeping fingers crossed. Unfortunately, it is only part time, but she says it could eventually become full time.

I had been meaning to do this for awhile. My sister had tagged me in her blog awhile bag and I wanted to share my favorite posts with you.

Most Beautiful: Times
I can't say that I personally wrote anything beautiful, but the song I have posted on there is simply amazing.

Most Popular: Cute Old Couples
With 2,963 views, none of my other posts compare to it. I guess the main reasoning behind the hits is because I stole those pics off of google, so anytime someone else wants to find a picture of cute old couples they get taken to my blog. How nice is that? haha

Most Controversial: Hands Held High
I have to say I've had a few posts that showed my anger or bitterness toward something, but this song by Linkin Park is definately quite controversial. I wrote it right around the time of the building of the mosque controversy in NYC and how America is so hypocritical. We stand for freedom of religion and if thats the case we should be okay with Muslims building a mosque near Ground Zero, but we're not because we think its bad.

Most Helpful: It's the Little Things
I don't write things that are helpful, so this one was a little hard. I decided to pick this one because it was the little thing of receiving a hug from a little boy that helped me get through one of my bad days.

Surprise Success: Fall, It's Almost Here
I was surprised that people were interested in viewing this post. Honestly, it was not one of my finer posts, but I'm glad people stopped by.

Not Enough Attention: Going Back to Childhood
I am sorry, but the excerpt from this book is down right amazing and true. We all grow up way to quickly and lose our childhood's way to easily. We are forced to grow up and change because its the norm. It's a sad world we live in, trying to push our kids to grow up to young!

Most Proud:Another Year Older, Another Year Wiser
I wrote this when I turned 22 years old. It was completely heartfelt and from my own personal experience and the things I felt over the past year. I am mighty proud of what I wrote regardless of how many people read it or not.

Peace&Love
~L

1 comment:

  1. I love "Times"! Tenth Avenue North has become one of my favorite bands this summer, I love their messages!

    ReplyDelete