One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Monday, August 22, 2011

Sorry

Dear fellow bloggers,

I am so sorry I have not been keeping up to date on my daily posts and photos. I am falling behind, but I do have photos. If you have been reading you know that I have recently been in the process of moving and haven't had much internet access. Hopefully by tonight I will have Wi-fi officially. It's hard to imagine living without a computer for over a week, but somehow I've made due. Even though I've been back for a week I've been out of town on a camping trip to Door County, WI with a friend of mine from highschool. I got back late last night and have not gotten any pictures downloaded. As said before I hope I get those up by tonight, if not, by tomorrow.

The camping trip was a decent time. We went camping at Potawatomi State Park which was rather pathetic so we avoided the place at all times, except to sleep. On our drive up we went rummaging. We stopped at some interesting landmarks along the way, such as a gigantic cow and Alaska. We made it to our campsite and had an interesting time setting up the tent. (Pictures to come soon.) We spent the rest of the day just chilling at the site and walking around the area. The next day we toured the Door Peninsula and saw all the cute little towns. We also made it to the tip of the peninsula before getting yelled at by some man with a strong northern accent. We came back down and stopped at Whitefish Dunes State Park and went swimming there. My first feel of Lake Michigan after 2 years was worse than I expected. It was sooooo cold. But I took it like a champ and managed to make it all the way out to my shoulders. We met up with one Amber's (the girl I went with) friends from the park later that night for a candlelight beach walk. It was actually pretty neat.

On Sunday we came back to Whitefish Dunes and Amber and I and her friend hung out all day. We first attempted to go bouldering, but realized it wasn't going to work. We then did some cliff jumping. (Note I can halfway cross this off my bucket list. I just have to attempt this now in a tropical place.) After freezing in the water we decided to head back to the beach area to lay out and warm up. We were there for a few hours before we went to the shooting range. Yes you read correctly shooting range. I shot a gun and did so many times. I have a new found appreciation for guns. But don't expect me to go buy one now or anything. After about an hour of target practice we took out the mule and went to pick raspberries and blackberries. Both were delicious. Our last activity of the day was a nice dinner out to a Sturgeon Bay bar and grill. I had a chipotle chicken wrap, which was quite delicious. It was about 9:30 before Amber and I had to drive 3 hours back to Milwaukee. Overall, the trip was good and the pictures are amazing.

Peace&Love
~L












No comments:

Post a Comment