One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Finale

Well my dear friends this is my last post of 2011. It is so weird to think we have gone through another year. I guess it is true what they say time goes by faster when you get older. All the more reason to start doing more things that I want to do. Anyways I figured this would be a great time to recap on the year. Well, I can't remember most of it from month to month but I will do my best.

January- I started my last semester of college ever. I continued to babysit the most awesome kid on the planet. Nothing too exciting here.

February- Can't say much happened here either.

March- Again, I'm beginning to see a pattern here. Oh well, when you are focused on finishing school, there is not much time for anything else. I did go down to Florida for a few days for my spring break.

April- The pattern continues. Along with chaos at the end of the school year thinking for a second I would have to come back for another semester in fall which pushed me to my ultimate limit. This was the point I realized how stressed I was making myself and how much of me I was losing. It was at this time I decided to stop and restart. From that moment on I learned not to let things wear me down and I learned how to deal with stress in a better way. Also I believe this was the time my brother had a collapsed lung.

May- finished my last semester and started my summer classes. Started counting down til when I'd officially be done.

June- The trend continues, school and work. Lots more beach time.

July- I went to North Carolina for the 4th of July with my brother and my aunt and uncle. I believe I posted about this trip and I won't go into detail about it. It was a pain getting there thats all that needs to be said. It was a good time, but after I left I found out that my brother was in the hospital because his lung collapsed again. At the end of the month, I finally drove down to Charleston and died from walking around in the obnoxious heat we had. The city was absolutely gorgeous. I'd go back tomorrow if I could.

August- finished up school. Drove back to WI to live with my friend Aimee. My first weekend back I went camping in Door County. It was a nice trip, but then reality hit and I needed to start looking for a job. God blessed me immediatley and I found a job and was working there at the end of the month.

September- I was no longer allowed to live with Aimee so halfway through the month I moved in with my friend Erin and its been a good time ever since. I started officially working full time and have enjoyed that nearly every minute. My brother also went into surgery to repair his baby lung.

October- Wisconsin was blessed with such warm weather. I managed to make the most of my time outside. I hit up Devil's Lake with Amber and enjoyed the 80 degree weather. I carved pumpkins with Erin, she hasn't done that in years so it was cool to see her excitement.

November- I got the news no child ever wants to hear that my parents were getting a divorce. I didn't take it as bad as I thought I could. But like I said, I've learned to deal with stress and bad things in a much better way. I hung out with 2 friends I haven't seen since my days at MLC and that was fun. I had Thanksgiving with my grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins. I made my first ever pumpkin pie which turned out delicious.

December- I went to my first staff Christmas party and had a blast. I met a pretty nice guy and just waiting to see where that goes. I celebrated Christmas low key this year since my family has had its own issues. We managed to skype each other which was nice. I also receieved a visit from my brother who has been staying with me the past week. He leaves tomorrow. :( Today I'm going over to a friends place who I haven't seen in nearly 2 years and we are getting our drink on. I will fill you in on details tomorrow. I also received my diploma and am an official graduate of Coastal Carolina University. To all those naysayers out there who said I was making a wrong choice or couldn't do it, there is no way, well look at me now biotches!

Overall, it's been a pretty good year. I've learned so much about myself and continue to learn and laugh and love and cry and live. 2011 I say goodbye to you and wish you adieu. Dear 2012, I hope you to be not quite as stressful as 2011 and allow me to learn a lot and experience so much more. Happy New Year to you all!!!

Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment