One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Friday, December 30, 2011

Cross the Line

I can't believe 2011 is almost over! I feel like I was just writing a post reflecting on 2010. I actually have plans for New Year's Eve and it doesn't involve work! But I will fill you in on those plans in a later post. I will also fill you in on what I plan to accomplish for 2012. Today however I just want to share a quote with you. I found it on Pinterest and really felt it fits me to a T.

"It's better to cross the line and suffer the consequences than to just stare at the line for the rest of your life."

Haven't we all been here at this point? Standing at the line wondering if we should cross over, take the risk. So many of us, however, sit too long and weigh all the options and never cross that line. We feel that whatever the risk it isn't worth it or more than likely, we're too afraid. I can say that I did not cross the line as often as I should have. I didn't take many risks. However, in the past few years I can say that I've taken more risks and crossed more lines. Example: leaving my comfort zone to go to school in South Carolina. Nowadays I'd rather not just stare at the line and wonder about the what ifs, I'd rather cross that line and deal with whatever comes my way as a result of that decision. I think we can all relate to this quote and use it as a resolution as we start 2012. No more staring at the line. It's time to start taking risks. It's time to start living!

Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment