One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

I can't believe the day is actually here! It certainly does not feel like Christmas. This year was the first year I spent it without my immediate family and maybe thats why it didn't feel like Christmas. I did however skype with them and that made it feel a little closer to the holiday, but nothing compares to actually being there with them. This year I asked for quite a bit of unrealistic gifts like a kayak and a new fancy camera, but I knew I wasn't really going to get them. I've learned over the year to become less materialistic which is definately a good thing. I did however receive some very nice gifts which are pictured below. I can't believe how quickly this one has come and nearly gone. I'm headed over to my cousins house to hang out with some relatives and maybe that will get me in the Christmasy spirit at least for a little bit. I hope that everyone had a very blessed Christmas and received everything they wanted, but remembered why we celebrate this holiday in the first place: Christ's birth! Merry Christmas to all!

Sister and brother on skype

The book I had been eyeing for awhile. I can't wait to read!

Gift card for Victoria's Secret! Score

Cute cami

Penguin platter...long story with penguins in my family, but they think its funny to buy me them

Yes you read that right...gingerDEAD men

Ahhh christmas movies

Yes a penguin pooper...what has the world come to?

I can't wait to try some of these...love grilled cheese

My new Minny Wild mug :)

A hammock apparently for when I go camping

My new feather jewelry
I also got a few other penguin stuff and gift cards and can't wait to get the package from my sister and brother-in-law.

Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment