One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Sunday, December 11, 2011

Staff Christmas Party

Oh the holiday season how I have a love/hate relationship with you! I love the feeling of being together with people who love you and support you and who you are glad to call friends. I also don't mind getting a few gifts along with that. I don't like shopping for gifts, standing in long lines, or waiting forever to mail my package(again long lines.)

Last night was our staff Christmas party and since I'm still a newbie I wasn't sure how much fun I'd have. I really only talk to like 3 out of 10 coworkers on a daily basis. There are some who still won't talk to me or give me the time of day, even though I try to talk to them. Besides the fact most of them have known each other for years, whereas I just started a few months ago and am trying to fit into their lives. However, I was surprised how easy it was just to sit there with everyone and talk and laugh about everything. We had ordered in food from Olive Garden, which was decent. We had lots of desserts. Of course it wouldn't be a Christmas party without alcohol. We also revealed who are secret santas were and got our final gifts of the week. There were lots of fun stories that were told about that as well. We finished off the night by playing apples to apples which is always a good time. All in all I have to say we had a wonderful night of eating and drinking and most of all laughing and bonding! (Wish I had brought my camera to take some awesome pictures of this night.)

Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment