One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hello 2012

This year is already shaping up to be a great year! I woke up at 6am to take my brother to the airport and had the privilege of driving in rain on the way there and snow on the way back. It was the big, heavy flakes that stick to the ground, but unfortunately it's already melted. Sad. I look at it this way, we've been spoiled with pretty decent winter weather and that makes me believe the winter season is shortened already. Instead of 6 months of winter we might only get 3. Although it has snowed in May before so anything can happen.

Typically, I'd make a new year's resolution at this point, but I've decided to just experience more and live life as best as I can. I think that's doable. I also wouldn't mind crossing some more stuff off my bucket list. One other thing that I am doing is something I found on Pinterest. What you do is get 365, or in this case 366 notecards and everyday you write down something that happened each day. You write down something fun you did, a quote, something you bought, a first, anything. Then at the end of the year you look back on all that has happened, and hopefully you can see that the good most certainly outweighs the bad.

I also told you I would recap last night. My friend, Erin and I, got all dressed up and maybe it wasn't worth going through all that trouble especially when we didn't even go out to a bar. We did go over to our friend Bethany's, who we haven't seen in nearly 2 years. It was really special to bring in the new year with her and another friend. We drank a little, but not as much as we thought, but I guess we are getting too old for this stuff. Partying is getting old. Haha.



I hope everyone had a safe and fun new year's eve celebration.

Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment