One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Food Inc.

I was told to watch this documentary by a coworker. I have an interest in food and health and decided it would be worth the watch and boy was it ever. I was so furious after watching it I wanted to march up to Capitol Hill and demand changed be made to our current food system. There is no way I want to eat the food they put out in stores. I've always been really cautious about what I eat and knew that all of this stuff happened, but I just became ignorant and pretended that they didn't treat animals the way they did. These companies employees could get sued for talking about this stuff. Heck, I could get in trouble for even writing this, but I don't care. My body was not meant to eat any genetically modified foods. Just like cows are not meant to eat corn, I'm not meant to eat RoundUp. Whats really sad is that the government hires people from these companies to run the FDA and USDA. You can't tell me there isn't a conspiracy going on in Washington. I hate being lied to. I hate being herded like animals. Then we have issues with our health with direct links to the foods we eat. They say the healthiest foods to eat are organic but they aren't affordable. So what do we do? We are caught in this neverending circle? How do we afford foods that haven't been altered or processed? How do we get more people to see and understand where their food is coming from? How do we get away from treating animals like they are worth nothing? How about those who work in those disgusting factories? Oh yes I forgot many of them are illegal immigrants so it's no big deal. Then when a company gets in trouble they can just throw them under the bus and not take any responsibility for what went wrong. Someone needs to check the authorities and get them out of their positions. We need to go back to the way things were. When our food came directly from a farm and not a processing plant. Where animals are treated a little more humanely, even though eventually they will be slaughtered. Something needs to change and I'm more than willing to get the ball rolling. Washington I'm coming for you!

Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment