One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Friday, November 4, 2011

What Happens When Your World Come Crashing Down

So what do you do when your world comes crashing down? When things in your life are no longer what they were? When what you've known all along has suddenly stopped existing? What do you do when you look to something as being a success and it becomes a failure? I'm not one to spill all of my personal secrets to the entire world, but I've never been here before. I've never walked down this path. Unfortunately I saw this coming at the end of last year and I wished it to happen right away or never to happen. I thought it could be worked out. You must be thinking what could she be talking about? Well my parents who have been married for 28 years have decided to call it quits. I thought all this time they loved each other and could work it out, but clearly I was wrong. My mom claims that she stopped loving my father when I was really little. Thats a long time if you ask me, considering I'm 23 now. My heart is broken, but I knew this was coming. I felt it all along, but I kept wishing it away. I can't control things in my life. I just have never felt this way before. I know I can navigate my way through this, but its going to take some time. This alone makes me question all I've known about marriage and happiness. I've got friends to get me through this. It makes me want to just run away from it all and never speak to my parents again, but I'm also 23 and an adult and can handle this in a civil manner. I'm pushing myself evermore to figure out where I'm headed next. I know now more than ever its just me in this life with God by my side and we are walking it together no matter how hard the road gets. Keep pushing. Keep moving. Keep believing that there is good left in this world.

So what do I do when my world changes? Keep on moving right along with it. Accept it. Deal with it. Love it.

Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment