One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Drama: Not for the Weak

Let me just say I HATE drama! I hate people who like to muddle in drama and soak their lives in it. I don't understand why anyone would love to stir the pot. All I remember about dealing with drama is that it stresses me out. Being 23 years old, I've learned how to deal with the drama in my life. I basically try not to deal with it. If someone is being dramatic I generally try to walk away. But sometimes you just get sucked in. Example a friend of mine was just dumped by her boyfriend. He basically told her the "it's not you, it's me speech". He told her they were in different phases of their lives and he didn't want to keep stringing her along if he knew he didn't see it working out. He said he had never met anyone like her and he truly meant it, but he felt they weren't right for each other. I respect him for that. I also wanted to be there for my friend. But I don't want to be in the middle of their situation. This guy has never done anything wrong to me, so I'm not just going to all of a sudden be mean to him, because my friend is no longer dating him. Anyways she kept accusing him of having another girl in his life but she doesn't know for sure. Then she had her mom write this really harsh and inappropriate facebook post on his wall. Don't even get me started on how that is wrong in so many ways. So she texted me last night and told me to tell her if anyone says anything about the post. Well he deleted the post and rightfully so. She texted me earlier and said she felt like crap for writing it. I told her the best way to clear her guilty conscience is to apologize to him. I told her she also didn't know for sure if there was another girl in the picture and she basically said well how do you know that for sure? Obviously I don't, but she can't be making judgments about it. That annoys me alot!
I'm pretty sure all of this drama crap is juvenile and we acted this way in elementary school. I don't understand how anyone can enjoy the drama and consuming their lives with it. Clearly, they have nothing else better to do. I don't want to be a part of it. If I choose to walk away it is for my own sanity. If you have ever dealt with drama you know it is not for the weak. You have to stand your ground if you somehow get sucked into it. If there is one thing I've learned stay far away from it.

Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment