One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pumpkin Pie

Oh baby was it good!

I was a little leary at first about making a pumpkin pie from scratch. I mean actually chopping open a pumpkin, digging the seeds out, cooking the pumpkin until the flesh was nice and mushy. After it took mulitple attempts to get the pumpkin flesh to come off and realizing after mushing it, that it wasn't looking so good, I thought, Oh goodness no way is this thing going to turn out. But there is no turning back. After adding the other ingredients to the mix and letting the pie cook and cool overnight, I tried a piece of pie after work. It looked good. It smelled good. Oh boy did it taste good. I'm glad I kept on pushing through. I could have given up, thinking that it was not supposed to look like what it did, but heck, I would have missed out on something real good. I would not recommend starting cooking a pie of this sort at 8pm, because you will be up until almost midnight doing finishing touches. But I do recommend trying on making pumpkin pie from scratch and not straight out of the can. It is definately the best and you will never want to go back to the can again!

Sorry I don't have any pictures to show you. I had thought about taking pictures halfway through the process, which by then would have been pointless. I will try to upload a picture of the final product with a slice missing. ;)

I hope all of you enjoy a much needed break from work and get to spend lots of time with family and friends or whoever means the most to you!

Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment