One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Let the feasting commence! I could barely sleep last night as thoughts of turkey and pumpkin pie dance in my head. (Well and also that the Packers play today and for the first time in 10 games, I think they may not win. Sad.) I am so very happy to be seeing so many family members that I have not seen in years! Although at the same time I do not get to see any of my immediate family and that makes me sad, but I am thinking of them. It gets harder to see family when you move around the country to be where you want to be and then the expense of flying anywhere to see them.

"As we give, we find that sacrifice brings forth the blessing of heaven, and in the end we learn that it was no sacrifice at all."

Thanksgiving is the day we thank God for the things we have been given and they truly are blessings. But the greatest blessing and sacrifice ever given was his Son. When we give our time to help others or even to help ourselves we often think of it as a sacrifice. Usually its us sacrificing our time and money to help someone else, but really it isn't a sacrifice, especially if you do it wholeheartedly. When you see the end result, you understand that it was worth it all. We as people, should give more to our fellow neighbors and think of them more highly than we do. Give more than just around the holidays.

What am I thankful for this year? I am thankful for my friends and family. I am thankful for generally good health. I am thankful for a job. I am thankful for happiness and the understanding of what it means to be content. I am thankful for this life, no matter how bad it can get sometimes.

Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy all the food and festivities!
Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment