One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Northwoods Getaway

I'm not one for just sitting around anymore. I always need to be doing something. It's my thirst for adventure that keeps me going. It's my search to learn more about life and myself. I can say I learned more about myself this past weekend as my friend, Amber and I decided to drive 5 hours to the UP on a whim. We decided our destination was Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore and it did not disappoint. We went from 55 degrees and no snow to 40 degrees and 5 inches of snow. But in the park there was not a spot of snow which was crazy. I have hiked quite a bit in my day. I did a lot of solo hiking while I was in S. Carolina but on short trails where lots of people hiked. No fear whatsoever. I've hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and back up twice, but those always included other people. Besides you are always by others because its a popular hiking destination. This was the first time I hiked with just one other person without seeing another hiker on the trails. We hiked deep into the forest which was incredibly beautiful. I felt like I was hiking in the Pacific Northwest. At moments we'd freak ourselves out when we'd hear a sound thinking it was a bear or a moose only to see that it was a squirrel. It was backcountry baby and I loved every minute of it. The sights. The sounds. The smells. The feeling of being the only person alive (well besides my friend). The humbling experience of being in God's playground. The joy knowing there is still beauty left in this world, you just have to go out and look for it. I don't want to bore you with much more, so just look on.


Peace&Love
~L

Me and snow and sign

Miner's Falls

Bridalveil Falls

Gorgeous forest

The cliffs



Oh the life

In the deep dark forest

So pretty

Spray Falls

Sable Falls

First time on dunes

No comments:

Post a Comment