One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Friday, July 22, 2011

To Walk or Not to Walk

It's getting closer everyday to my very last day of college. For me it doesn't seem real. I lack direction in my life and right now I sort of don't want to graduate! That brings me to now: do I walk across that stage and actually graduate? Or do I accept my diploma without walking. This is essentially a once in a lifetime chance. I want to go to grad school, but that may not happen for awhile. For the past few months I've been debating do I walk or not. I should walk because I've worked hard for 5 years for a diploma, a piece of paper that says I've accomplished something. I know right now I don't really have any interest in walking across a stage to receive my diploma from a school that I could care less about. For all the crap they put me through. Maybe thats why I have to walk across the stage to say hey look I did it. Even after all of you thought I couldn't make it or succeed. All of you professors who said, I'm just not sure you'd be able to handle this class especially without the pre-req. Well not only did I pass the class I passed with an A! So take that! Part of me just wants to go up there and take that diploma and scream "I did it!" My parents and other family and friends strongly encourage me to do it, because I may regret it. They want me to be proud of my accomplishment. I might not ever walk across a stage again to get a diploma. Now is my chance. I know I should do it, but from the looks of it, I may have to wait until Dec. to do it and I just don't want to deal with it. Give me my damn diploma and I'll be on my way. Even though on the grad app my choices were May, Aug or Dec for graduation. I circled Aug, but apparently the school has no idea what even goes on and apparently there really isn't an August graduation! Ugh!

Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment