One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Friday, July 8, 2011

Space: The Last Frontier

I'm sitting watch CNN waiting for the last space shuttle launch in history. As a child I loved watching the shuttle's go off into space. I still love watching it, even though I'm only watching on tv. Just to think where we were 50 years ago in our attempts to send people to space and to the moon. How many successes and how many failures? What is the fascination for so many people? I believe it's the wonder of the unknown and what is out there beyond our galaxy. The desire to be in a place "out of this world". I wish I could have gone to space and seen earth from a different view. How amazing would that have been?

I remember almost 10 years ago when the space shuttle Columbia did not return from space. I remember it being a Saturday morning because I was not in school on that day. I had been watching cartoons and all of a sudden the news cut in and shows us the sight of firy debris falling from the sky. Only later to find out their worst fears the space shuttle fell apart entering earth's atomsphere. No doubt, there are risks when taking on a journey as extreme as this.

It is sad to see this era of space expolration disappear. It makes me wonder what they will do next. I have heard a variety of ideas, but who really knows. I can't think that our journey's into space are over, there is still so much more to explore and discover. I hope years from now they have trips into space and my children are able to watch a "launch" of something and have the same awe and wonder that I did.

Thanks NASA for all your hard work. Keep on working on the next best thing!

Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment