One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Monday, July 25, 2011

Charleston, SC

As stated some time ago, I was going to visit Charleston. It was exactly how I pictured in my mind. Colorful homes and shops, palm trees, and history. I left Myrtle around 10am and got to Charleston around noon. I could have been there earlier, but I figured sleep was more important. Besides knowing it was a Sunday, most places wouldn't be open until noon anyways, thanks to it being the Bible belt down here. There were a decent amount of people already walking around, but yet some streets I was the only person on, which was nice. I found a parking garage to park in and only had to pay $3 for the day. (Decent deal I say.) My first stop was overlooking the Cooper River. I then just meandered around some streets with no place in mind. I had a map I printed from the website, but little good it did me since not all streets were marked. I was looking for the fashion district, but never got a chance to walk over that way. I mainly walked around in the more historic area, that had a few antique shops and art galleries, but mainly churches, graveyards and hotels. I walked down to the battery, which was absolutely gorgeous. It was pretty much a huge park, with a whole bunch of statues and canons and such. By this point it was nearly 2 o'clock and I was dying. It sat in the park for awhile under the shade of all the trees. I'm so glad I stopped and got a big bottle of water and a smoothie, but even that couldn't take the exhaustion away. I knew I still had a decent walk back to the car. I was slightly disappointed I didn't get to do everything I wanted to do and see while I was there. 2 friends of mine are coming in next week for their honeymoon and will be in Charleston, so my plan is to meet up with them and hopefully get to see the other places I didn't get to see. If it weren't so hot out, I probably would have done more. I also have a coupon to get free earings from a botique. I am not one to let something like that go to waste! I also have a coupon for a free appitizer. I didn't find the restaurant when I was there so hopefully next time I can. I left around 3 and luckily for me just outside of town a thunderstorm hit. In a nearby town it caused some stop and go lights to go out which caused everyone to freak out, as if they weren't already freaking out. I swear when it starts to drizzle everyone slows way down. I managed to make it back sort of frenzied. I'm beginning to notice a pattern though...I go away and do something and on my way back it manages to storm!

Here are some pictures from my mini trip!


Hmmm...Gin

So colorful



Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon


CANONS!

Yummy

St. Philip's

Old roads

French Protestant Church

No comments:

Post a Comment