One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Monday, July 11, 2011

Next Step, Criminal Mastermind

Haha, ok so not really.

Let me at least tell the story that puts me at this next step!

Yesterday I was babysitting and Liam really wanted to go outside. I'm not one to say no to the great outdoors, but when it's only 9am and its 95 degrees already I really don't feel like it. I feel like I'm in a sauna. But anyways, I agreed and figured we'd spend a little time out in the morning come back in and then go out again in the early evening. About 15 minutes went by when it dawned on me that I don't think I unlocked the bottom handle. I had to unlock the top one since it was a padlock. I walked over towards the door with that feeling of dread...sure enough my worst thoughts had come true. I didn't have my phone out with me either, otherwise I would have just called his mom and it wouldn't have been a big deal. I was weighing my options walk with Liam to the gas station crossing 4 lanes of busy traffic, bad option. I could walk with him to the neighborhood pool and maintance area, but remembered how far away it was, especially in that heat with a 3 year old was not a good option either. I started wondering around the house checking the windows and backdoor. Nothing unlocked or able to be screwed off. I was beginning to think we would be spending the whole day outside. I walked back toward the garage and thought of going to a neighbor's place and asking for help, but all they could really offer was a phone, but I didn't know her number off the top of my head. So I knew this was a battle I had to fight alone. Luckily enough there were some tools in the garage I started digging through to find anything that would fit into the lock to pick it. I know you are all thinking no way, its impossible to pick a lock. Well after about an hour on and off of trying to pick a lock with a variety of weird things: safety pin, paper clips, some weird shaped thing that I have no idea what it was called, but it was the eventual tool that broke us in. Just in the nick of time too, since Liam was dying to go to the bathroom. I kept telling him he could pee outside, but he didn't want to.

This brings me to my point, I am now clearly able to pick a lock and break into someone's house, especially a house that clearly didn't want someone to break into. But, lets be honest, I don't think I'd have the patience to try picking a lock again and I don't fancy breaking into people's houses! I wish I had picking a lock on my bucket list, because I would be able to cross it off. Well I'm crossing it off in my mind anyways. To those who professional pick locks you are all crazy!

Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment