One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Thursday, January 12, 2012

First Snow

Well it's been a long time coming folks, but WI has finally seen its first snowstorm of the year/season. We've had a few flakes fall before but have been fortunate and spoiled not to have to deal with it. And after a week of 50 degree weather it was hard to accept the fact that this fluffy stuff was falling from the sky and sticking!!! So far we've gotten about 3 possibly 4 inches of snow and we still aren't done. Oh joy! It was a pain to scrape my car off for almost 15 minutes after work only to have my scraper brake in half. I couldn't help but chuckle, swear, and throw the unusable half back in the car. I was finally on the road and was wondering how long it would take me to get back. On a normal driving day it takes me about 30 minutes to get home, today it took me an hour and a half. The roads were unreal, even the highways were undriveable. To top that all off my car started to act up and the temperature gauge started inching towards overheating. Luckily, I was able to get a hold of my mom who was with friends who knew about cars and they gave me a view tips. Basically, I was not ready for this snow and really don't want it. It's been nearly 2 winters since I've had to deal with it and even though I knew by moving back here I'd have to deal with it, I'm not ready. But lets me real, I can't hate it forever. I love playing in it and hopefully I will be able to do that soon!

Pictures of said fluffy stuff to come soon!

Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment