One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Saturday, January 21, 2012

Things

"If you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

I've been struggling a lot lately with being happy at work. There are days I love it and there are days I hate it, but I'm guessing everyone feels that way. I don't want that. I want to wake up everyday and be excited to go into work. I feel that I work really hard and I am kind and I'm still waiting for something amazing to happen. I feel like I've been waiting for amazing things to happen all my life. Maybe I can't wait for them to happen to me, maybe I have to make them happen. Does that mean I find a new job? Possibly a new place to live? Travel to another country? Take a look at my bucket list and cross more stuff off the list? Kindness and working hard can only take you so far right? I mean what amazing things are going to happen when I'm kind and work hard? I'm not getting a raise any time soon. I'm not going to be promoted. I'm not going to get coworkers to like me any more than they do. Or am I looking at this all wrong?

Thoughts??

Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment