One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Recap

Lets see if I can remember the 5 shindigs I went to.

Last Saturday I went to the boy's dad's girlfriends party. I'd have to say this was my favorite out of all the parties we went to. There were about 40 people there. There was a self-service bar downstairs which I hit up mulitple times. So I guess this is why I must have liked this party so much. Haha. There was lots of delicious food to be had as well as great conversation and many laughs. There was a football game on that night and the boy placed a bet and one the money. We also had a white elephant present exchange. All the gifts were roughly about $10. I bought a wine accessory kit, which isn't that much of a gag gift, but the boy said not to buy anything way out there. Let's just say there was that gift that nobody wanted which was 3 empty cookie tins. And the gift everybody wanted, Packers and Brewers gear. I walked away with ice trays and the boy got a wine opener. Not horrible gifts since eventually we will need those for our own place.

Christmas Eve we went to boy's dad's side of the family. There were LOTS of people there. Boy was drunk within the first hour. I guess thats the only way to get through the holidays. There was lots of conversation and a frantic gift opening that started at 11pm! We also didn't eat dinner until 10. It was a late night for us.

Christmas Day we woke up around 8 and watched Christmas Vacation, because we have to. We exchanged gifts between each other. I got perfume I've been dying to get and a shirt. I got boy a Keurig and homemade batman coasters. We went to his mom's for lunch and exchanged more gifts. Around 230 we went to his uncle's and sat squished together in a very small room with about 20 other people. We left about 5 and headed to my aunt's place and had dinner there. It definitely was a lot more quiet and calm than the other places we went. We stayed til about 715. Headed back to his place and I got right back in my car and went home.

I definitley was blessed with tons of gifts that I didn't expect. I literally have no place to put this stuff, but I will get there eventually. I'm so thankful for my boyfriend and his family and them welcoming me into their homes and family. All in all it was a great Christmas and I look forward to many more with the boy!


Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment