One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Take Me to The Sea

"Looking at the sea again tides that rise and fall and then rise again" ~Susie Suh


To me there is no greater inspiration than the ocean. Spending 2 years in Myrtle Beach allowed me the chance to go the beach any time I chose. Trust me, I spent a good portion of my days catching some sun and loving the ocean, but also lots of time sitting like that girl in the photo above. I don't know what it is, the thing never changes, and you'd think after seeing it for the 650th time I'd be bored of it, but I'm not. I never will be. There is something about looking out into the horizon and seeing this massive expanse. It humbles me. I did a lot of my best thinking when I sat there and looked out. I think the salt air and the sound of the crashing waves clears the mind and soul. I love the feeling of staring out there and feeling small, because I know thousands of miles on the other side of this ocean is a whole new world. I wish I lived closer to the ocean, because there are many days I wish I had my place to leave a butt print in the sand and stare out and just wonder and think.

Peace&Love
~l

No comments:

Post a Comment