One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Thursday, December 6, 2012

Remembering Rebecca

I know I have mentioned my cousin in posts before and how big of an inspiration she has been to me. I know it has been a couple years since her passing and I wouldn't say I've forgotten about her, but I don't think of her day to day like I used to. Some would call that moving on others would call it forgetting her. I want to make it clear that I have not and will never forget her or her strength in her final days.

She was a blessing to anyone she ever knew. She had an abundance of friends and family. She left a mark on this world that not many people can leave behind, especially after only 19 years. When she found out she had cancer she did not ask God why her. She did not question the reasoning behind why she got cancer. She never blamed anyone for being sick. Instead of going into a state of depression like most of us would, she turned a negative into a positive, she created her own non-profit called, Cure With Hope. http://www.curewithhope.org/Home_GKFI.html Check out her website and her story.

She taught me that life is short and you can't waste away your days in bad moods or being angry at someone. She taught me that if things are going bad to look at the positive always. I also realized how many people she touched along the way and if I could just do that to half of those people I will die a happy person. So to my cousin thanks for being an inspiration. You are forever in my heart. You are gone in a much better place, but never forgotten. Your favorite quote, "Be the change you wish to see in the world." You did change the world. And I hope you are smiling down from heaven right now seeing how much you have done!


Miss and Love You hun!

Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment