One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Monday, December 3, 2012

They Who Birthed Me

My day 3 inspiration would be my parents. As some of you may know my parents are no longer together as of just over a year ago. As a 24 year old and as a 23 year old then, I accepted this quite easily. I saw their relationship going south shortly after I started college. But this is not really about their relationship or the current state of it. It's about the relationship they built while they were together. Part of me for awhile believed, shortly after the divorce, that they never loved each other. But as the months went on and I knew they were still friends, that they really loved each other. I have feelings more involved than what I am willing to share online about the reasons for the divorce. I know my parents were not perfect and they fought just like any other couple. But they always forgave each other and moved on. I saw my dad's simple, yet deep love for my mom, by gestures he did. Like writing her poems. They went on many different trips just the 2 of them.

I've chosen my parents as an inspiration because even though their marriage ended in divorce, I firmly believe they loved each other and still love each other, but in a different way. It also allowed me to realize what it was like to go through a divorce and it made me realize I want to never go through that, or put someone else through that. I want to make sure the person I marry is the one I die with. That is the love I want.


Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment