One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Monday, July 2, 2012

That Feel Good Feeling and #23

You know that feeling you get when you haven't been keeping up very well on your workout sessions over the past 2-3 weeks or so and know for a fact you have gained some weight, and yet when you go to a store to find some new shorts for work and think you are a certain size only to find out that you are in fact not that size but a whole size smaller...yeah that's the feel good feeling of my day.

On to #23, trust me, we will finish this eventually. List 5 hobbies and why you love them.

Let me preface this by saying this wasn't a hard list to compile but they all do the same thing for me, make me happy and relieve stress.

1. Playing piano- I have been playing since I was about 6. I took lessons until I got to highschool and then from there I self taught. Recently I haven't tickled the keys, but then again I don't have a decent piano to play on. I love being able to put my own emotions in to a song and make it my own. I have never created my own song, but that is on my bucket list. I know enough of music that I could probably do it.

2. Scrapbooking- this hobby I picked up during my late grade school years, but didn't really get into it until college. All of my scrapbooking stuff is far away in another state, therefore my scrapbooking time is on hiatus. Most people don't understand the point of putting pictures on a piece of paper with some fun details around it. For me, it goes beyond that, I like looking at the memories and having the story to go along with it. I do love having the details that help tell the story.

3. Hiking- I enjoy getting away from it all. Hiking has been more of a recent endeavor, but it never gets old. There are thousands of trails all over the world waiting to be walked on by me, I just have to get there. Heck, there are plenty of trails around here that I can go hike on. Hiking is an escape to enjoy nature, get exercise and to think.

4. Shopping- come on, you knew this was coming. I LOVED shopping when I was in highschool and spent money like nobody's business. As a college graduate with bills, I realize I'm more of a frugal shopper. I still love shopping, but now it's the good deals that get me excited.

5. Exercising- I've always been a competitive kid and loved playing sports in grade school. I never played sports in highschool and sort of lost interest in working out. When I got into college and had to take physical education courses I remembered how much I loved working out and started up again. There were definately times I stopped for long months but now it's more of a habit. There is no better high than the feeling you get from being done with a nice long workout.


Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment