One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Sunday, July 29, 2012

#30 and Some other ramblings

I started this test months ago and finally here we are at the last question. I started this initially as something new to share and post and it became a learning experience about myself. There were some questions (like this last one) that left me thinking and searching. Everytime I thought 'ok I have nothing to do at the moment let me quickly post something on my blog' and then I get stuck with a tough question and I'd wait and wait. I'm not sure I've come out on the other side of this as a better person or have a deeper connection with myself, but I hope I've begun to start digging into myself.

So here it is, the final question: What 10 things do you HOPE to be remembered for?

First of all, notice my caps of hope. This is not what I want to necessarily be remembered for, but what I'm hoping for. Also I hate thinking about laying on my deathbed reflecting on my life and wondering what people thought of me and what kind of impact I left on this earth.

1. My sarcasm- I tend to be blunt and to the point. If you don't like it, get out of my way. It's sort of my second language. In recent years, it's gotten worse and people are beginning to talk...

2. My work with children- I hope that the kids I've worked with over the years remember me as being an awesome teacher/nanny/babysitter/mentor/whatever it is that I was to them. I also hope parents see the impact I'm making on their childrens lives.

3. Volunteer work- Now I haven't done a lot of this, but I'm hoping to start doing more of this. I feel it betters you as a person when giving back to others, whether they need it or not. The feeling is even greater when you are getting nothing in return for it. It's out of your own time. I want to be able to help lots of people and change lots of lives.

4. Being a good friend- I hope that I've been the best friend I could to all of my friends. I hope they have seen I'm always there and try to be a good listener and advice giver or just that shoulder to cry on.

5. Good wife- Even though I'm not married, nor anywhere near this yet, I hope that at the end of this journey called life, my husband would look at me and say you were the best thing that ever happened to me and you have changed me for the better.

6. Potentially a good parent- I'm still not sure if I want to bring children into this world or not. I do and I don't, but if that time should come, I hope that I can see my children were raised well and they succeed and achieve all of their dreams.

7. I hope people find that I stood for something. I'm not sure what that could be, but I hope I use my voice and not sit back in the corner.

And that folks is all I have for you. I'm befuddled. I can't wrangle up 3 more things, because I think they can be added as I get older and have done more.

Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment