One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Sunday, July 22, 2012

#29 Most Misunderstood

Ok folks here it is the 2nd to last post for this topic...finally. #29 asks the question what is the most misunderstood thing about you?

I would have to say many people mistake my shyness for being antisocial. I have to say as a younger child I was your typical kid, shy around strangers but comfortable around people I knew. As I got older I became more open and less shy and stayed that way until I graduated highschool. When I got to college I was pretty shy at first, but then eventually stuck to my group of newly acquired friends. Then I left one college to go to another for 1 year and realized how comfortable I had become and how shy I was all of a sudden. After basically adjusting to life at this school I transferred again, basically given the chance to start over. I had to options either stay the quiet girl who was comfortable the way things were, or become more open and eager to meet others, needless to say my shyness won and I wish I could go back to that first night in Myrtle Beach, but that would have changed me and who knows where I'd be right now?! I'm pretty happy with where I am. Unfortunately because I seem shy at first, most people are turned off and assume that I'm awkward or antisocial, and that is simply not the case. I'm just taking in my surroundings and getting to know you as a person. Once I'm comfortable around a person, I'm fully capable of talking to them easily. Anyways, if we ever happen to stumble upon each other at some point in the future and I seem shy, don't let that scare you, come and sit down and get to know me.


Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment