One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Thursday, July 5, 2012

The 4th and #24

Guys we are almost there! I'm going to start off with #24 which asks about my family dynamic as a child vs my family dynamic now. Well let me tell you lots have changed since my childhood. I remember my family being a family. We did lots of things together. We played games, watched movies, went out to different festivals and fairs, and went on vacations together. As I got older, along with my siblings, we each became ourselves and figured out what we liked and didn't like. That in and of itself changed our dynamic. Today, our dynamic is very different. None of us live close to each other so it's rare to see one another, even the holidays are hard to manage. Now that my parents are divorced I can't say we are a whole family. I still believe I have a family with my dad and my siblings and then my mom and my siblings. The holidays will be much different than they ever have been. It is also hard because my sister is married and has to share time with her husband's family as well. Let me tell you, it doesn't get easier when you get older.


My 4th went a little something like this:

Alex and I went downtown for the fireworks on the 3rd. However, given the crazy heat we didn't stay for the entire show. We stayed for about 20 minutes and decided to call it a night. On the 4th we went to his mom's place so he could clean and wax and whatever else you can do to a car. He did that with his mom's boyfriend, while I stayed inside with his mom and the doggie. We eventually left and had breakfast at George Webb's. We went home watched some television. I passed out somewhere in that time frame and woke up to go to Alex's uncle's house for a cookout. Now there were many of Alex's other family in from Nicaruaga that he barely knew. He didn't seem to have a very good time with the heat and no one he knew was there. I tried to make the most of it and have to say had a pretty good time with about 60 Latinos. We left around 7 and came home and watched a little more tv before I headed off to my place. It wasn't a half bad 4th of July.

Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment