One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Tuesday, August 31, 2010

To summarize August

I vaguely remember the month of August. It went by so fast! School started 2 weeks ago tomorrow and that freaks me out. Don't get me wrong I love the fact that school has started so I'm one step closer to graduation. However, I'm already on the senior slide thing and pretty sure I dont care anymore. I got a babysitting job, its not much but it helps out a little with my finances. I turned the big 22 last Monday and enjoyed celebrations through the week. I think perhaps I celebrated too much, since I am now sick. The doctor tells me I have an upper respiratory infection and if I waited any longer I could have gotten bronchitis or pneumonia. I am on 4 prescription drugs currently and will be for the next week. Yeah me! This present predicament has let me to catch up on some readings for school. It's amazing how much you can learn when you actually do your stuff!

September starts tomorrow and with it, brings more school and days of learning. It also brings the best time of the year fall yes, but football: college and pro. I'm very much anticipating wasting away my days watching college and pro football and not doing homework (we shall see how that turns out). It also brings the beginning to my favorite season, fall. However, down here in the south, I don't sense any sort of "cool down" in the near future, that will have to wait till November. Well, at least October there will be some less humid days. It is also the busiest hurricane month and we have a few predicted for the east coast. Although none are expected to make landfall in South Carolina, the ocean is still stirring and we are not allowed to swim at the beaches. I'd love for it to make landfall close to here...not because I love destruction and would like nothing more than the area to be destroyed, but because I have never been witness to one of nature's most powerful forces.

Anyways thats a brief summary of the near close to summer and the near opening to fall. I'm hoping to take a few days of rest to recover and hopefully by then Earl will be here and I can get some photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment