One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Friday, August 6, 2010

SHARK WEEK!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!

I have never watched shark week in all of my nearly 22 years of existence. Then again, I never had the means to watch it with. I didn't think I was missing much, and to some people I'm not, however I have learned a lot in this past week. I haven't watched every show that has aired on the Discovery Channel, but I have watched enough. I'm fascinated with the great white sharks flying out of the ocean. I can't get enough of it.
















Shark week has also gotten me in the mood to find a shark. I know your chances of encountering a shark are pretty slim. However, given the fact I live on the east coast...near Myrtle Beach, SC I figure I could see something. Especially with the recent shark attacks that have happened nearby. There have been 3 attacks in the past month. One at Myrtle Beach and then 2 more about 40 miles north of Myrtle Beach. I've taken the liberty of going to local fishing piers and one in Southport NC and talking to the fisherman. None of them had ever seen a shark or caught one but most of them were just here vacationing. One guy even had 2 buckets of chum in the water along with his fishing poles. I wondered if I would be able to see anything but no luck. I figured I would have to keep trying and test different times of the day. I know they typically feed at dusk or early morning. At this point though I might have to go out to see in clearer water. I know a few people in the marine biology department who might take me out on a boat (if they have one) to look for sharks.


I've decided to add finding a shark and swimming with them to my bucket list!

No comments:

Post a Comment