One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Wednesday, May 29, 2013

When's It Time to Walk Away?

Well, folks, I've been down this road before. I'm pretty sure everyone has been there numerous times before. I know I have. When is it time to walk away? As most of you know I work at a daycare, not saying where specifically, for hopefully obvious reasons. I've worked at daycares for as long as I can remember. Where I'm working right now I haven't even worked there a full year and I think the time has come to put all of this daycare stuff to rest. As much as I love working with children and getting to play 80% of my day...it's time for a new adult job.

What has brought on this sudden interest in change? The simple fact that I'm sick of it. I have these feelings from time to time, but it hit be like a brick yesterday, that this is it. This is my last stretch. It's time to put down this career choice and pick up a new one that may actually pay much better and allow me to use my degree. I've also been treated like everyone's bitch over the past week and a half. As much as I like being out of my own classroom from time to time to break things up, I don't like it every single day. Why am I lesson planning and cutting out art when I'm not even going to be with my own kids? And you put in the newbie instead of me? It isn't fair. But I can't sit here and complain about that, since it's really out of my control. As much as it sucks. Besides the fact that my hours are being cut. I have the opening shift, but most of the time I'm leaving by 1 instead of 2.Obviously, that's what hurts the most. I need the money, but I can't stay to get the hours. Today I was kitchen lady and that means, clean dishes, prepare lunch and snack. We also got a load of supplies in today which was a lot of boxes to open and product to put away. Of course I had to do it all alone. I also had to get a list of other random stuff done. This isn't what I signed up for. I also got a complaint from another teacher that the meatloaf was cold. I told her it was in for an hour I checked to make sure it was warm enough and it was. I apologized and asked her if she wanted me to take it back and heat it up some more. She said no I guess it will be fine. I honestly, don't understand whats happening these days at work, but I'm getting sick of being pushed out of my room. I shouldn't be the one who has to do it all the time. And so I've come to the conclusion...it's time to walk away.


Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment