One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Saturday, June 1, 2013

300 Miles of Summer

It occurred to me today as I was running that I want to set a goal for myself. I do at some point in the next year want to run a race of some sorts. Whether it is a marathon or half marathon or just a 5k. But that's not really setting much of a goal. I have decided since today is the first day of June and there are 92 days of summer...well not technically but the next 3 months, that I want to run a set of miles by the time 92 days are over. I was thinking of a number that is achievable but not so unrealistic. As you might guess, I'm a newer runner. I started picking it up about 2 summers ago and ran whenever I felt like it. Now I'm a little more serious about running and training for the above said races. But I don't want to become too serious about it either where its not fun to run. So I decided why not make a game of this training thing and set a good number of miles to run. Since I've been averaging about 3.2-3.5 miles each run I figured 300 miles would be a good solid number. If you do the math it comes out to roughly 3.2 miles each day. And yes that would be EACH day. Now I know that I most likely will not run everyday and I won't always run 3 plus miles, but that's what makes the goal harder to reach, but yet within my grasp if I work hard at it. I figure the more I run the better I'm going to get at it. It takes time. No one runs a marathon the first day they start running. So I determined that although some days I may not run and some days I may only run 1 mile on other days I can make up for it by running 5, 6 or 7 miles. So today was my first day of running and I ran 3.06 miles. Not quite the average that I need, but it's pretty damn close. Each week I will catch you up on my current amount of miles and tell you how I'm advancing, if at all. Here's to running!


Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment