One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Saturday, August 11, 2012

Sales and Gunmetal

Thank you weather for making it feel like an early fall. Which just in case none of you know, fall is my favorite season. In the past few weeks, I've been more and more interested in expanding my knowledge of fashion and getting back to being that girl who had fashion sense. The only thing keeping me from really going out there is money. If I had a few hundred dollars laying around to spend on clothes I certainly would, but money is tight. I've been getting inspiration from pinterest as well as some fashion blogs. I'm trying to buy a few pieces of clothing and add accessories. I want to be able to utilize the clothes I have to creat different outfits. So I've written a short list of basics I need for my wardrobe. A pair of skinny jeans, jeggings, black skinnies, khakis, pencil skirt, blazer, a few button up blouses, a few cardigans, denim shirt, some tank tops, and thats all I've got right now. I have a few of these things already and have shoes and scarves to accompany these pieces. Today I did some shopping, but was rather disappointed. I know most places at the moment are clearing out and discounting their summer clothes and stocking up on fall merchandise. H&M has become one of my favorite stores as of late and lucky for me I was able to knock 2 items off my list for under $40. I got a white button up for $20 and a pair of black skinnies for $12. That right there could be an outfit. Just have to find some cute flats and a pop of color in a scarf or jewelry.

If any of you know me, you know that I love nailpolish and am constantly changing my nail color. I am currently wearing Gunmetal by Sally Hansen. It is a metallic grey. I've been wearing lots of oranges and pinks for summer and I needed a change of pace. It will definately be one of my favorite colors come fall.

Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment