One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Sorry I have not been on top of things recently. I've been pretty busy enjoying the crazy warm weather here. It's more summer, than spring. Anyways my next topic out of my list of 30 is to describe my relationship with my parents. For the most part I'd have to say I've gotten along with both my mom and dad. Of course, we also have had our differences and voiced them accordingly. Up until a few months ago, my parents were married, but having trouble and I saw the divorce coming. I didn't know what kind of strain, if any, it would put on either of my relationships with my parents. It was hard, because I heard different sides to the situation and I wanted to believe both of them, but I decided to take out that whole element and focus on the fact that my parents are living and well.

Individually, my relationship with my dad has generally always been good. We fought til the bitter end about stupid stuff, with me always succumbing to my dad and his authority. But I will always be a daddy's girl. I looked up to him for a lot of advice. He was a gentle soul and was always kind. He always looked for the best in people and really worked hard for the family. I never really appreciated the sacrifices he made, as well as my mom, until the past year. I will always remember the times he spent playing with us kids, or reading books, or simply being there. My dad still calls me his favorite little girl. That is something that only him and I share, that he doesn't with my other siblings.

My relationship with my mother has been more strained in the past few years. I think our personalities are too similar and that causes us to butt heads a lot. I also think that working with her for many years put more strain on the relationship. I was a little rebel child and I don't think my mom was deserving of the way I treated her. I was always afraid to talk to her or ask her personal questions, because she wasn't that type of person to me. I was more afraid of her telling someone else about it. She and I have had our fights for sure and I thought for the longest time nothing would ever fix our relationship. I'm still unsure of where we stand with each other, but I think the distance and space has helped. I guess time will tell where we end up. But I know I want to have a relationship with her that isn't awkward.

Tune in next time.

Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment