One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Wednesday, March 14, 2012

20 Random Facts

As promised I am sharing 20 random facts about me. (Side note: awkward moment today I was sitting on the toilet and was reaching for the toilet paper when I realized there was no toilet paper there I looked beneath the cabinet and there was none left. So what does one do? Run downstairs really fast to the bathroom and wipe down there. Thank God no one was home.)

1. After doing laundry today and pulling out the lint trap I've decided I don't like touching lint. It creeps me out.

2. Relating somewhat to number 1 I am sort of a neat freak. I'm not terribly organized, but I'm clean and everything has its place. If something is out of place it drives me crazy.

3. My lucky number is 3. I have no idea why. Maybe it's the 3rd times a charm saying.

4. I'm anemic. I have been since I was a freshman in highschool. I'm an asthmatic. I have been since birth. The first few years of life it was pretty bad, but as I got older it got better. Now it comes and goes. Some days its worse than others. I'm also allergic to anything and everything under the sun.

5. I have done the Insanity workout in its entirety twice and have lost 30 pounds from just the workout, not even following the food plan. I have actually restarted it today. Gosh I love that program.

6. I have a shoe fetish. What can I say? If I could own every adorable shoe in the world, you better believe I would. I used to have at least 20 pairs of flip flops in different colors and styles, but have wittled that down to about 7.

7. I went to 3 different colleges. One in Minnesota, one in Wisconsin and one in South Carolina. Yes one of those states is not like the other and that was a blessing in disguise.

8. My parents recently got divorced and thats a topic I will touch on in a later post. It was not easy to take at first, but I knew it was coming. I also was glad to be thousands of miles away from where they are, so I wouldn't have to deal with it first hand.

9. Music is food to my soul. Without it, I don't think I could live. I love almost every genre of music, except really old country twangy stuff. Everyday I'm in the mood to listen to something different. I grew up playing piano and singing in choir so I have an appreciation for all types of music.

10. I grew up in the Lutheran faith and I was very strong in it up until about a year ago. It's not that I have a problem with the church, I just sort of stopped going. I always think oh I should go to church this Sunday, but then never do. I very much believe in God and Jesus. I just don't show it as much as  I should.

11. I have a bucket list, feel free to check it out, in which I plan on completing it all!

12. I love nail polish. It's much like my love of shoes. I always need to have my toes painted and almost always need to have my fingers done. I love finding unique shades, but unfortunately they don't usually match any of my clothes.

13. I have an older sister who is married and currently lives in North Carolina with her husband and puppy Stanley. I have a younger brother who is currently attending the University of Kansas and studying to become a storm chaser.

14. My least favorite activity to do is laundry. I will do any other household chore but that. It's such a pain to carry the load down 2 flights of stairs and then separate everything. It's just way to time consuming.

15. My favorite season is fall. I love the feeling I get walking in the cooler weather and the leaves are falling and changing color. The smells of the season, whether it is indoors or outdoors, it is the best. The feeling of warmth I get when spending time with loved ones during the holidays.

16. I do not have a sweet tooth. I'm not sure I ever had when I was growing up. Don't get me wrong, I crave something sweet every once in awhile, but I'm so much more interested in salty snacks.

17. I have become more and more of a health nut. I don't buy junk food or soda. I figure if its not in the house, I won't be tempted to eat it.

18. I am a super deep sleeper. I'm pretty sure if fire alarms went off I would die because I wouldn't hear them. I always have the most bizzare dreams because of how deeply I sleep.

19. The only 2 jobs I've really ever had were working with children in some capacity and doing inventory for my mom's business.

20. Finally, we've made it to the last one. I've decided that I can't think of random facts about me. Thats another random fact. I actually do have one last one and its that I have a crazy good memory for random stuff. I remember random facts, days/dates, etc. I'm not really sure how I got that, but it's definately pretty cool.


I hope you all enjoyed reading random facts about me. I hope this post gets you thinking about your own randomness!

Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment