One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Wednesday, March 21, 2012

10 Things

Number 4 tells me I need to come up with 10 things I would tell my 16 year old self if I could. This was a lot harder than I thought it would be. It was only 7 years ago I was 16, but I barely remember what I was like or what I was doing, other than being your typical highschooler. So here it goes:

1. Enjoy the here and now while you can. Enjoy your friends and your freedom of still being a child. Stop and smell the roses once in awhile, because you can't ever get these days back.

2. Save your money!!!

3. Be more respectful to your parents. You don't realize the sacrifices they made for you, so you could have a better life than they did.

4. Take the opportunities you are given and run far with them. Those opportunities come along once in a blue moon. You will never know what they will teach you. Either it opens new doors or it makes you realize that it wasn't right for you.

5. Say I love you as much as you can to those you love.

6. Never take what you have for granted. You are blessed with many things and talents. Use them wisely.

7. You will take many chances in your college career, so be prepared for that. Understand, though, that the choices you make are making you stronger, even though it may not seem like it at the time.

8. Keep physically fit and active. It only gets harder as you get older.

9. Love yourself. Know who you are. Respect that and be okay with that. Don't let others' opinions of you make you change. Be yourself.

10. You are going to be a strong, independent, hard-working, loving, kind, smart, beautiful, loved woman. You just have to get there first. The road isn't easy, but it's so worth it.


Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment