One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Thursday, March 22, 2012

5 Things Making Me Happy

The 5 things that are making me happy right now at this time in my life, hmmmm.

1. My boyfriend, Alex, who has done nothing but treat me in ways I don't deserve. I guess that right there is a sign of a good man. He is always surprising me. He makes me laugh and smile. He says I'm beautiful even when I don't feel like I am. The best is when he says that when I have no make-up on and I'm in sweats. He gets me things I didn't even ask for and for no reason. For example, he is going to be super busy the next 2 weeks or so and he made me this box of goodies to use for when I get lonely and need to remember him. I'm blessed to have him in my life and I'm so excited to see where this goes.

2. The weather. The warm weather. The I can't believe its the middle/end of March and its 80 degrees in Wisconsin kind of weather. The weather where you can be outside and soaking in the sun without a coat and you can sport your daisy dukes. It's been gorgeous and sunny and winter is over as far as I'm concerned and that makes me very happy!

3. The children I work with continue to amaze and surprise me. A little boy at work told me today, out of the blue that he loved me. I smiled and said, well I love you too. He responded by saying, well only just a little I love you. It's those little things that are said that get me through the day and remind me why I love working with kids. There is no greater joy than knowing you have their trust.

4. Getting to spend time tomorrow night with one of my best friends, Aimee. I haven't seen her since the end of January and we are well overdue for a date night. I feel like she has missed out on so much of my life and she has. When I'm with her there is nothing I can't talk to her about. I've only known her for about 3 years, but I trust her completely. Hanging out with her is always a great time, we eat, we drink, we laugh and act crazy. This hangout tomorrow night is making me super excited for another great night in the chapter of us.

5. Working out always makes my mood better. I've been running more and I try to run a little farther everyday. I want to be able to do a half marathon come the end of June. I'm going to need some training with that, but it's definately doable. Working out and eating right make me feel good about myself and that in turn makes me happy.

Basically, I have nothing to complain about in my life right now. I'm blessed with so much right now that not even the negatives can bring me down. I'm dancing on a cloud people and I'm not afraid to let you know it!

Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment