One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Wednesday, March 28, 2012

8. Passions

What are my top 5 passions?

1. God. Even though over the past year my church attendance has basically been non-existent, doesn't mean I don't believe in God. I know worshipping with others only strengthens your faith. I try to keep God at the forefront of everything I do. I want him to guide me and lead me to where he wants me. Fully trusting in him you can never go wrong in life.

2. Children. As if I haven't said in enough posts before this, I love working with children. I love their innocence. I once read somewhere that a child's laugh is the purest sound and it is so true. Children also have the craziest things to say. There is never a dull moment when working with the young ones. There is nothing I love more than seeing them accomplish something on their own that they've worked so hard to achieve.

3. Travel. Although I haven't done much international travel, I'm itching to get out of America and explore what lies beyond these shores. I have done quite a bit of travel in the states and I'm still bound and determined to visit all 50 states. I feel that even the states I've been to, I haven't explored to the limit. I'm eager to learn and discover things about myself and other cultures.

4. Exercise. As a child I never really thought about the sports I played as exercise, but they were. Then when I got to highschool, I never participated in sports. When I got to college, I didn't play sports, but I did intramurals and started working out in the weight room. Eventually, I got back on track and enjoyed working out. I've been doing the Insanity program because it's fun and it works. I'm also trying to find a good program to help me train for my first half-marathon. There is no greater feeling than having all those endorphines coursing through my body after I workout. I feel more alive and energized!

5. Health. I realize that this ties in with exercise as well. I have a health promotion minor and have never really put it to use and would certainly like to sometime. Recently, I've been watching a lot of health documentaries about foods that we eat and how they are processed and what the people don't see. How we can change our health and reverse chronic diseases by eating the right foods and spend less time at the doctors. This is what I want to do, be able to help people understand they can change their lives and their health. I want them to understand that eating less processed foods will do wonders for their lives. It's amazing how simple and easy that is, yet none of us do it. Why? I could go on and on because I love this topic a lot!


Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment