One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Friday, September 30, 2011

Whats Up?

I hate the fact that I seem to post less and less these days. My excuse, is a sad excuse, I'm too lazy. I work all day and get home between 730/8 and just want to eat food and curl up and just relax. I suppose blogging can be relaxing. I currently don't have much going on in my life except work and more of it. It's a blessing to have a job so I'm really not complaining. So since my week hasn't been overly exciting I will spare you most boring details and bring to you the highlights.

*Since Saturday it's been raining and today was the first day the sun was out for a majority of the day. However it never made it out of the 50's. Rather chilly for this time of year.

*Fall is in full blast right now. Every leaf is turning shades of yellow, orange and red and I couldn't be a happier person. (What's to come however...not so much.)

*My favorite band, Switchfoot, released another album and am pleased with the results. This is my current rank of the songs on the cd
1) Where I Belong
2) Thrive
3) Vice Verses
4) Afterlife
5) Restless
6) Souvenirs
7) The Original
8) Rise Above It
9) Dark Horses
10) Blinding Light
11) The War Inside
12) Selling the News
Just check out the songs and lyrics. Trust me you'll like!

*I try my best to remember children's quotes at work and am only recently writing them down. The best this week: I was reading a story to a group of toddlers about farm animals. We get to talking about the cow I ask them what do cows say? Answer: Mooooo. I tell them that cows make us milk to drink. One little boy's response, "No they don't, mommies make milk." Ha!

One little boy who happens to love me the most, not that I'm bragging or anything, but its true. His current favorite song to sing is Old McDonald. I sing it to him nearly everyday. I hate the song and wish it would magically disappear or never have been written into existence, but alas, it's here. Anyways, I happened to be away on my lunch break and another teacher was singing it with him and she asked him what did he have on the farm, he said a Miss Laurel. The teacher then says well what does she do on the farm? He says she says hi Nate. Ha I'm famous now, just saying. I'm going to change the lyrics just so ya'll know.

Have a marvelous night!

Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment