One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Thoughts

My plans for Labor Day are this simple: relax. Although I've been relaxing all weekend, so it shouldn't be too hard to do. I hopefully will get out and enjoy this wonderful fall weather we are having. Everyone is complaining about it being in the 60's. Well let me remind you that it was only a few days ago you were complaining about it being in the 90's. What do you want?

My roommate Aimee and I plan on doing some shopping today. Seen as every place has sales up the wazoo. Kohl's is 30-50% off everything in the entire store. JCPenny is 80% off everything!! So basically I'm going to hit the clearance racks and see how much damage I can do. I just hope not too many people have the same idea as us. I hope they are freezing their butts off up north in a tent somewhere. ;)

Tomorrow I start my new job, which I failed to tell the world about. I got a job at a daycare and will be working with infant/toddler and preschoolers. It's something for now to get me started. I hate sitting around on my bum all day, so this will get me doing stuff. (Besides getting some sort of income doesn't hurt either, especially with the impending student loan payoff ahead!)

My sister and her husband just recently moved into their new place in North Carolina. From what I hear they are enjoying themselves and their cute little house. I'm actually sort of jealous, because I can't wait to be in my own place and start decorating. I have recently had this desire to find old junk furniture and modernize it. I would have no idea what I would ever do with said furniture when it is complete. It's not like I have a place to store anything. I could sell it, but that might be a little hard to do.

I hope that everyone has themselves a wonderful day free from labor!

Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment