One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday Musings

Oh Monday how I loathe ye so! Why is it that people hate Monday's so much? Oh wait, I know because we just had a few days off and we have to start the work week all over again. Now don't get me wrong I love my job. Seeing the children's smiling faces always puts a smile on my face. It's just that Monday's are always so long and rarely seem to go right and you have to use all your energy to get through them. Oh I can't wait for Friday already!

Interesting tidbits of my Monday
*Woke up at 745 got dressed in a flash since I had to leave for work at 815 only to have a sweet surprise waiting on my windshield...yeah for parking ticket! :( Although I do have to say its my fault because Milwaukee has crazy rules about even and odd days you must park on different sides of the street. I didn't know what side to park on...apparently I guessed wrong. So I parked on the same side tonight, I better not get a ticket.

*I can't tell you how many noses I had to wipe today, mostly from the same child. No wonder why I was sick last week and still not 100% yet!

*Got the notification from a parent of one of the children at the daycare that her other child who does not attend the daycare has lice. Yay! Which means we could have a lice epidemic running through school.

*My break consisted of me driving down to the local Starbucks to pick up a Caramel Apple Cider, which is delish. I also ordered a bagel for my lunch. (I know so healthy.) I received my bagel first and was waiting on the cider. I sort of forgot about it since I was using the wifi, when the girl called out my order and apologized for it coming out late so she gave me a free drink card for the next time I come in. How awesome! If I would have been standing there, paying attention, I would not have gotten one.

*This sickness that I have, which has been occupying my sinus cavities as well as lungs, is getting a little old. It's mostly just sitting in my lungs, which concerns me, because I like to be able to breathe. I hope its not something like bronchitis or pneumonia. I think I would feel a lot worse if I had one of those. The Mucinex is not helping either. It's just creating this annoying dry hack and no lung cheese.

*Subway I appreciate that you let me choose what I want on my sub and how much I want, even if the amount of mayo I ask you to squeeze on is unnecessary and unhealthy.

*Nothing is better at the end of a long Monday then sitting down with a bag of candy corn and mindlessly eating it and realizing that half the bag is gone already. Good thing I got that workout in after work!

That's all my fellow blog readers!

Peace&Love
~L

2 comments:

  1. Do you do the light mayo? it might be still unhealthy in large quantities, but at least a little less. I do the same thing, more mayo than i should

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do usually get light mayo, but for some reason I mindlessly asked for just regular mayo in a large amount of course!

    ReplyDelete