One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Friday, September 16, 2011

The Downside to Independence

It has been such a crazy week and its not even finished yet. Last Friday, the girl I had been living with and her mom basically told me I had to start paying $625/month in rent otherwise I need to leave. Well that much money is ridiculous in my own opinion. I might as well be living in my own place. The idea behind me staying with them was to only be paying about $250/month so I could save enough money to move out on my own. My friend's mom could not grasp that concept. So my friend started crying because she thinks my only option is to move down to FL and I'm trying to make that my last resort. I have only been working for 2 weeks and I don't want to give up this job yet. I also want to have at least like $1200 saved before I move out and I want to be able to move in with a roommate, so I won't have to pay as much. But if I have to be alone I will find a way to make ends meet. I'm not giving up that easy. This girl is not going down without a fight. I love my job and I'm not ready to throw in the towel just because someone's mom can't understand how expensive her idea of rent is. But you live and learn and I will succeed. I will find something. I know God is not going to let me be homeless. He has a plan and I just need to trust him.

Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment