One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Sunday, May 22, 2011

Why I Love the Beach

This post is inspired by my recent trip to the beach. Yesterday it was really hot at least compared to the 70 degrees we've been having. It is safe to say that now is officially summer here in S. Carolina. Anyways back on to the point of this post. I love the beach. I've been to a beach somewhere at least a hundred times if not more, but the feeling never changes for me. Sure there are days I go that I take the feeling for granted, but I was reminded again of that feeling. It's a feeling that is undescribable to me. It's the feeling of awe and amazingness and being so small, but in a good way. But what I love is no matter how many times you can go to the beach it is never the same. One day the sand is clear of debris and the next its covered in seaweed, shells, or jellyfish. The tides are always changing. The strength of the ocean is always different. Some days it is as calm as can be and other days the waves are so strong they can push you down and before you have enough time to recover the next one has already hit you! The color of the water can be brownish/blue looking other days it look turquoise. But I have to say the best thing about the beach is people watching. I love thinking of people's back stories. Yesterday I was watching these two little girls who were maybe 3 or 4. They were the cutest girls, blonde hair, sun-kissed skin and not a care in the world. It reminded me of my sister and I when we were little. I felt a little nostalgic. It made me want to go back to a time when things were easier and simpler, when I didn't have to worry about anything! A smile crept over my face as I watched them build sand castles and run in and out of the water, giggling and screaming. Only if we could always stay that way, never having to grow up. I wanted to stay in that moment and watch them all day and remember my childhood, but I had to come back to reality. If there is one place you can act like a little child and never lose your sense of wonder, it has to be at the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment