One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bucket Listing

I've been creating a bucket list for awhile and thought I'd share with you all what I have so far. I've done a few things so far those are highlighted in black. Some things are realistic and some I think I will have to work hard to accomplish. But one thing is...I want to finish everything on my bucket list.


1. Graduate college (for those of you that don't know, it will be a long time coming.)
2. Go to a big college football game
3. Go to a Green Bay Packer game
4. Go to a Stanley Cup Final
5. Shake the hand of a president
6. Meet tons of famous people (I dont care who they are)
7. Travel around the USA (I already have a plan in place)
8. Walk the Appalachian Trail
9. Start at one side of Canada and make it to the other side
10. Complete a 5K
11. Complete a marathon
12. Complete a triathalon
13. Get married
14. Have children
15. Follow my favorite band on tour
16. Swim w/sharks
17. Hike the Grand Canyon
18. Learn to surf
19. Be fluent in another language
20. Volunteer a lot
21. Touch all 50 states
22. Compete in some sport again
23. Be part of a Guiness world record
24. Witness firsthand a tornado and/or hurricane
25. Be able to play another instrument
26. Be in Times Square for New Years
27. Be on TV
28. Learn to snowboard and/or ski
29. Make peace w/my mother
30. Read the entire Bible
31. Have my own travel show
32. See the Northern Lights
33. Lay on the 4 corners
34. Figure out my ancestry/geneaology
35. Go to a big concert like the Grammy's or CMA's
36. Go to summer and/or winter olympics
37. Stand in front of the church where Luther nailed the 95 theses
38. Go skydiving
39. Go ghost hunting or on a ghost tour
40. Learn to fish (I know pathetic that I don't know how.)
41. Learn to change a flat tire w/o the assistance of a man
42. Cook through Rachael Ray's 365 day cookbook
43. Read all the books on BBC's 100 must read book list (I have like 10 read)
44. Find a cure for cancer
45. Start my own fund/non-profit
46. Learn to knit/crochet...must have patience first
47. Go to grad school...have to wait until I find something I'm absolutely passionate about
48. Raft down the Colorado River
49. Stand on a glacier in Alaska
50. Mardi Gras in New Orleans
51. Stand on an active volcano...but not too close
52. Canoe the Boundary Waters
53. Create my own piano masterpiece
54. Vacation on Isle Royale
55. View wildlife in Costa Rica
56. Walk England coast to coast
57. Walk Hadrian's Wall
58. Go on safari
59. Scuba dive in the Great Barrier Reef
60. Write my own song...different from 53, this is lyrics w/any music
61. Create my own receipe
62. Ride in a helicopter
63. Make a really cool cake w/fondant and everything like on Ace of Cakes or Cake Boss
64. Get my Kicks on Route 66
65. Cliff dive somewhere tropical


So as you can see this is a lot but I know my list is far from complete. I always come up with new stuff everyday. I also have seen and been a lot of places in my life, but I didn't want to add that to my list since I've technically already done it, before I ever started writing a list. Like horseback riding and see an eclipse or shooting star.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! I've been thinking of writing my own bucket list for a while...and I know at least a few of these will be on mine too! Maybe we could accomplish them together?! lol

    ReplyDelete