One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Sunday, May 29, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

What is possessing me to stay up and write this is beyond me. I'm so tired from a fun filled weekend and lots of driving I should be sleeping. But alas, I write to whoever reads this. Thursday after class I drove down to Florida to some unsuspecting parents. I guess it was a surprise to them I was coming. I got down there around 9:30 and pretty much unpacked and hit the sheets. On Friday it was my brother and I for most of the day seen as both of my parents were at work. We hung out in the pool most of the day getting our fill of chlorine and sunshine. We had pizza that night and watched some TV mainly Boston beating Tampa Bay in hockey. Saturday was our more productive day. We washed all five of the families cars in the 90 degree heat and humidity. My dad also taught me how to change the oil in 3 of the 5 cars. Of course the first one I just watched and the next 2 he made me do them. I'm not one for getting down and dirty like that, but it was cool to have some bonding time with my dad over oil and dirt. Plus, somewhere down the road I might need to change my oil so its a good lesson. After all the hard work we all got in the pool and played monkey in the middle, or more like Laurel in the middle. After swimming we all bathed and helped make dinner and dessert. Mom took care of cutting watermelon, making corn bread and coleslaw. Dad made some bbq ribs. I made Flourless chocolate cake which was divine. Somwhere over the past few years I have lost my sweet tooth. So once every so often I have a dessert such as this where it's so delicious and so sweet I won't have to have something like it for awhile. Mom was out some place that night. The kids and dad watched Apocalypse Now for a little while but then it got boring so I went to sleep. I woke up early today to work on some homework. My brother and I went to see Hangover 2, which was alright but pretty much the same as the first, just less funny. Then I packed up and hung out a little with the fam before it was time to head back. :( I got safely back just in time to work on my unfinished homework. Which is now finished, just needs to get printed. All in all a relaxing weekend.

Peace and Love

1 comment:

  1. Apocalypse Now isn't boring. Your English teacher just didn't make you read Heart of Darkness first.

    ReplyDelete