One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Friday, January 1, 2016

Embarking on a New Year

Just like everybody else Im reflecting on what 2015 brought me and what 2016 will bring. Last year was one of the best years I have had in recent memory. There were difficult times and times of confusion and hurt, but most of my year was spent doing exactly what I had wanted which was taking more risks. I didnt set lofty or unrealistic goals that I knew I would never achieve. I picked a word and based my year on that. Through this, I was able to cross things off my bucket list that I otherwise wouldnt have done. Yes, I did pick things to do like writing in a journal everyday, which held steadily for the first 3 months, but then ceased to exist by August. This year I plan to cross 5 more items off the list, which is what I did last year. 2015 went a little something like this:

JAN- ex boy moved into my apt, which from prior posts you know that was good and bad and confusing all at the same time.

FEB- ex boy continues to live with me. Valentines was spent with a great group of people being fully aware of our single status.

MAR- needless to say not much happened here other than countless fights with ex boy and the apt was basically falling apart.

APR- the weather was finally getting warmer and the boy continues to live with me. Went on a trip to Boston to visit my sister and enjoy some hockey games.

MAY- gave up living alone and moved in with a friend which has helped my finances tremendously. Went to my one and only Brewers game of the year.

JUNE- the days get longer, the nights get shorter. My life became rather busy and full. I celebrated my grandpas 90th birthday and had a mini family reunion. Celebrated fathers day and my dads birthday. Went to a friends baby shower. Met a new guy, which didnt last, but that taught me a lot. Went on my first motorcycle ride. Loved it.

JULY- my fav holiday, Independance day was celebrated with parades, fireworks, drinking, sparklers and more drinking. Kayaking and lots of day drinking through the month. Went to the Waukesha County fair and dont remember most of it. My dad and I went to the MKE air show. I also saw Carrie Underwood at summerfest.

AUG- I celebrated my birthday. I celebrated a wedding of a dear friend from highschool and learned the meaning of being alone or rather dateless. Went up north for a weekend and lived the simple life. Boating. Drinking. Being off the grid at times. And preseason Packer gaming.

SEPT- enjoyed some days off. Celebrated a friends kids birthday and the start to Packer season. I got my first tattoo.

OCT- celebrated another friends wedding and ended up getting really sick. Enjoyed summer like weather for a majority of the month. Went to Portland and Seattle and fell in love with the place. Met up with ex boy and tried to work things out.

NOV- ate lots of food for Thanksgiving. Had our first Friendsgiving with important people in my life.

DEC- enjoyed ice skating, Christmas Carol performance and the holidays with my family. Attended some Christmas parties for work. And finally got our first crazy snowstorm of the year.

All in all I checked things off my list, learned to take risks and try new things, which has definitely made me more confident and ready for 2016. Which I will post about later.

Peace&Love
-l

No comments:

Post a Comment