One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Thursday, April 26, 2012

5 Strengths

The strengths were a little easier to come up with than my weaknesses. So here we go:

1. Patience. I've always been told I have an abundance of patience. For most things in life I do. There are things like stupid drivers, I don't have patience for. But when you choose the career I have, working with children, you need to have loads of patience. If you don't, you won't make it very far, and you will burn out quickly.

2. Good listener/advice giver. I figured they were along the same lines so they could be combined. I don't generally like to lay out all of my problems and would rather listen to someone else tell me about their day or problems. I like being able to give my 2 cents when I'm asked to give it. If you want to talk I'm always here for you!

3. Work well with children. It's always been my passion. Ever since I can remember I've wanted to work with kids in some way. I'm not sure I want to keep teaching the rest of my life, but who knows where the road will lead. There is no greater feeling when the youngin's accomplish something they've worked hard on for a long time. They still have their innocence and you want them to stay that way forever. As an adult you realize how fast you wanted to grow up and you want to go back to being a kid. Here's to staying young!

4. Independent. I hate relying on other people for anything. Even if I'm struggling with money and have a hard time making ends meet, I don't want my parents to have to pay for anything. I feel like they've paid for enough in my life. I don't want people to have to always buy me dinner or anything else. I like being independent and an adult who can take care of herself. I appreciate the gift every now and then, but not all the time. I feel like I owe more that way.

5. Positive thinker. I haven't always been this way. I used to always look at the negative side of things. But as I have posted in many previous posts my way of thinking has changed. Life is too short to look at the negatives. Plus I feel better looking at the postives in my life.


Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment