One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day

Normally I would be the one celebrating Single's Awareness Day, but this year I celebrated the actual holiday. I have mentioned to you this guy I've been seeing. We've done a lot together in the past 2 weeks and I like where it is going. I still think we are unsure of each other and don't always have the best conversations in the world and I hope that it gets better. I'm still afraid of making myself look like a complete idiot to said guy, but even if I do, he shouldn't care if he likes me right? Well, we both decided to keep this holiday sort of non-traditional so to speak. I'm not really into the whole mushiness of it and find it sort of ridiculous we have to have a day, only one special day to show that special someone how much you care. Shouldn't you be showing them love all of the time? Everyday? Anyways, we decided not to go to some super fancy restaurant and instead we went to Organ Piper Pizza, which I have never been to before and neither has he. Well, needless to say, neither of us will probably never go back. It was entertaining for sure and definately not a traditional Valentine's Day restaurant. We were in and out of the place in 30 minutes and he mentioned how this could have been one of the shortest dates he's ever been on. Haha! We decided to go downtown again, like we always seem to do and went to a cafe and he had some coffee, hoping it would sooth his sore throat, which in fact it did not. We did get a free beer and a rose out of the deal. Although Stella Artois is not my choice of beer, nor his, so it didn't get drank. We spent a little time there and I could tell he was progressively getting worse with his illness so we decided to head home. Being the hopeless romantic he claims to be, he got me some gifts even though he didn't have to.

Here they are:

My free rose

My cute little giraffe

Men give jewelry on V-Day so here's mine. ;)

A book he showed me once and I wanted to read so he bought it.




Peace&LOVE
~L

2 comments: